Search Site
Protection Orders

Washington Family Law Attorney Presses for Threatened Clients to Get Orders of Protection

Determined lawyer fights for victims in the Kennewick who fear for their safety

If you live in fear of harm or abuse from someone you know, live with, or have lived with, Ouren Law will get to work immediately to protect your safety and that of your children. I help clients in the Kennewick area and throughout Washington file for an order of protection against anyone they currently or formerly lived with whom they believe will hurt them. These orders, which may also be known as  “restraining orders,” “orders of protection,” “injunctions” and “protection orders,” place restrictions on accused abusers so that they are not in a position to harm you. No matter what they’re called, however, they are issued to prohibit someone who has threatened you with harm from having any contact with you. I will do whatever it takes to protect you and your family when you face domestic abuse or threats.

Tenacious Washington advocate helps clients file protective orders

Restraining orders are issued to protect victims of abuse by keeping the accused abuser away from the abused. Each state recognizes orders issued by every other state. The purpose of these orders is to limit the behavior of the harmful or threatening person so that you do not have to live in fear of further abuse. I can help you understand exactly how orders of protection work in Washington and help you file one immediately. These orders provide relief that may include:

  • Stay-away provisions — These require someone to stay a certain distance away from the person who filed the order. They may also need to stay away from their home, their school and their place of business. This order can be extended to protect your children as well.
  • Cease-abuse provisions — These provisions specifically require an abuser to stop abusing or threatening to abuse the protected person or persons.
  • No-contact provisions — Most states allow orders preventing someone from attempting any contact with the protected person. This includes personal contact as well as contact by phone, computer, mail or even contact through a third party.

Other common provisions may require the person the order is aimed at to give up their weapons or to pay spousal or child support. Elsewhere, orders may allow you to take sole possession of vehicles or a living space by forcing the person listed in the order to move out. Restraining orders can be issued by different courts depending on the jurisdiction. In most cases, a family court handles orders involving spouses. They may also be issued in civil or criminal cases. You can rely on me to assert your rights and seek every possible legal remedy to protect you from someone who threatens you with harm.

Contact an assertive Washington family lawyer for immediate help getting an order of protection

At Ouren Law, I provide skilled and prompt help to clients who seek safety from abuse. If you or your children are threatened with harm, I will seek the immediate help you need for your safety through an order of protection. Call me at 509-783-5759 or contact me online to schedule a consultation at my Kennewick office.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Office Location
  • Kennewick Office
    4101 South Union Street
    Lower Level
    Kennewick, Washington 99337
    Phone: 509-783-5759